- Responsible for the installation, layout, and maintenance of all network gear.
- Plan, design, analyze, and provide technical support for GoNetspeed's fiber based network.
- Conduct research and evaluation of new network technology and recommend purchases of network equipment.
- Responsible for Windows and Linux based back office systems.
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other engineers.
- Assist provisioning and technical support as needed.
- Successful candidates should possess in-depth working knowledge of Nokia and Cisco network equipment
- Intermediate knowledge in routing (BGP, OSPF), switching, and PON related configurations
- Intermediate knowledge in fiber termination specifications
- Intermediate knowledge in Unix based scripting and systems management
- Excellent project management skills, written skills, and communications skills
- General understanding of PON networks
- Intermediate knowledge of outside plant equipment and terminology
- Intermediate knowledge of Carrier Grade NAT
- Intermediate knowledge of the building of facilities. Power, space, HVAC, cabling, etc.
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to perform independent system analysis, design and plan implementation.
- Attention to detail a must.
- BS in Information Technology or equivalent education required.
- 5+ years experience building data networks with at least 2 years in systems engineering.
GoNetspeed is an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v