This position not only requires the analyzation of data but also spatial information using GIS software. This includes composing and exporting data from graphical maps into permits and application submission. Experience with QGIS or other similar systems that supports spatial analyzation using both raster and vector layers; vector data is stored as either point, line, or polygon features.
This critical role will assist, facilitate, analyze, coordinate, and track applications to utilities for GoNetspeed FTTH (Fiber-to-the-home) High Speed Internet service. Candidate would determine and apply for “GoNetspeed neighborhood” boundary areas for future expansion. Duties also include utility pole strand mapping, application, and tracking of permits as well as fiber optic reroutes and assisting in make ready bills and applications.
- Proficient using Google Earth and KMZ files
- Proficient with Geographical Analysis utilizing QGIS Fiber Management Tool (or other similar systems that supports spatial analyzation)
- Familiar with geographic information system software, web GIS and geodatabase management applications
- Ability to prioritize workload under constant changing conditions
- Critical thinking, detail-oriented, self-motivated, proactive, and results-driven
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate and build relationships
- Must have strong analytical, reporting, and organizational skills
- Proficient at using Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, V-look up ability), PowerPoint, Word & Outlook
- 2 years of experience using Google Earth and KMZ files and 3GIS (or equivalent experience with other telecom management tools).
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
GoNetspeed is an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v