The Outside Sales Representative is a key position within the Sales Department. This position is responsible for developing business associated with the organization’s residential services product portfolio. This position will actively work at identifying new customers and potential market opportunities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain sales production to meet or exceed individual quotas.
- Identify business opportunities with residential and small business accounts in defined territory through prospecting and selling face-to-face.
- Follow up leads in person, on the phone or by email to close business.
- Local travel to prospecting locations in your own vehicle. (Mileage allowance is provided.)
- Represent the company at community events in our target markets.
- Maximize organization’s investment in fiber builds and network deployment by securing business with residential prospects and identifying opportunities within proximity to facilities.
- Knowledge of company products and telecommunication services including, but not limited to voice (TDM and IP), long distance and internet.
The successful candidate must have previous sales experience, and a proven track record of sales achievement and maintaining solid relationships with our existing and new customers. Telecommunications experience is a plus but will consider successful, driven sales professionals from other industries.
- Understand costs associated with service deployment and work to maintain margins.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of sales practices and principles.
- Ability to close sales.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Skill in operating various office equipment. Proficient in the use of personal computer applications including Microsoft Office, and customer relationship management (CRM) applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong telephone communication skills for appointment setting and general communication with clients.
- Strong in-person communication skills for face to face cold calling of residences and general communication with clients.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and manage projects effectively.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Preference will be given to candidates with an associate degree or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of customer relations experience in the Telecommunications industry.
GoNetspeed is an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v