The Senior HR Generalist will be an integral part of the HR team. The role serves as a business partner and trusted advisor to our teams in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts. The Generalist will need to successfully build credible relationships with Business Leaders allowing for better decisions and organizational effectiveness. Supports and administers human resources policies and programs, balancing employee advocacy and business operating needs. Promotes equity, fair treatment, and positive employee relations and ensure compliance with state and federal employment laws. Provides comprehensive HR support, directly or indirectly in the area of continuous performance coaching and management, pro-active issue/problem identification and resolution, and coaching and development for more effective leadership decision and communication skills. Understands and supports the accomplishment of business priorities. Involved in solving complex HR-related issues with guidance from the Director of Human Resources.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides guidance to management and employees on human resources issues, employment law, and develop new programs and initiatives to meet management needs.
- Generates and implements solutions with input from the HR team.
- Anticipates and plans for long-term human resource needs and trends in partnership with business management in matters of retention, recruitment and engagement.
- Assists in the formulation of objectives for personnel policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates depth of experience and confidence in handling the complexities of a dynamic and evolving work environment.
- Assures company policies are administered fairly and consistently throughout the area of responsibility.
- Effectively communicates and executes necessary changes to policies and procedures.
- Performs employee relations functions including support and counseling regarding personnel and job-related conflicts, problem solving and dispute resolution, managing employee performance issues, review and assessment of termination requests; conduct exit interviews.
- Conducts complex/sensitive employee related investigations.
- Serves as primary lead for NY, CT, and MA Leave of Absence programs and processes including transitional work and accommodations.
- Supports open enrollment and other benefits related programs as needed.
- Conducts employee and supervisor training including benefits, policies and procedures and prevention of harassment and discrimination.
- Supports recruitment and onboarding as needed
- Ensures timely and accurate entries to the HRIS database.
- Maintains employee records in compliance with state and federal requirements.
- Relays, role models and supports our company brand.
- Assists managers in obtaining needed analytics/data with routine/special request reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
- Completes special projects as assigned by the Director or VP of HR*.
*These tasks do not meet the Americans with Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.